Ready to buy a house? Then you'll want to learn a few questions to ask a real estate agent—the go-to pro whose sole goal (at least as far as you're concerned) is to help make your home-buying dream come true.
1. How long have you been a real estate agent?
2. What neighborhoods do you specialize in?
3. What's your schedule and availability?
4. Do you work independently or with a team?
5. What percentage of your business is working with home buyers?
While most agents help both home buyers and sellers, the very best tend to specialize in one or the other, since the specialties are quite different. To buy a home, you should team up with a buyer’s agent—someone who specializes in working with home buyers. A listing agent, by comparison, focuses on working with home sellers. Look for an agent with a buyer-to-seller client ratio of at least 7 to 3, or ideally higher.